Wednesday, December 07, 2005

50 years after Rosa Parks and there's not even a bus

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10354221/

I hope SOMEONE, such as Nym or Carl, can explain to me why, 50 years after Rosa Parks, discrimination is so rampant in this country.

I have to stand up for my brothers and sisters against the institutionalized racism of the administration. I think Kanye West who, having been denied the Album of the Year award in more than one occasion is no stranger to racism, said it best. He, Jesse Jackson and The Reverend Al Sharpton have denounced the racism that has kept them down, and will continue to do so.

Yesterday, it was the 9th Ward in New Orleans. Tomorrow, it may be Kendall or Hialeah.

5 Comments:

At 8:50 PM , Blogger Centerline said...

Listen, Brotha-fide, don't bring Tookie into this. Now I am all choked up and can't continue to write.

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger Carl Spackler said...

Look, these people overplay everything just like all political extremists do these days. Bombing the levee... Give me a break.

That being said, there is still rampant racism in this country (and most others). I don't think it's an excuse for people to fail, but pretending it does not exist does not help either.

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger Centerline said...

I am not disputing the existence of ignorance - or one of its manifestations, racism. I do think, however, that people need to take control of their own lives and/or live with their shortcomings - rather than blaming others.

At the end of the day, if I was discriminated at the McDonalds where I worked (or at Cima, for that matter), complaining about it would simply entrench my status as a victim - a self-fulfilling prophecy. I’d go to the next McDonalds or start my own McCuban.

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Nym Pseudo said...

Also, lets not forget that racism exists on both sides of the aisle. to say that a black cannot be racist is ignorant.

I agree with Carl that racism is rampant....rampant in the fact that people like their own over outsiders. Blacks like blacks, hispanics like hispanics, whites like whites. The key here is how each group tolerates others that they feel are not like themselves.

 
At 12:28 AM , Blogger Nym Pseudo said...

And my buddy Jesse Jackson is the worst racist of all....do a google search on the following Jesse Jackson Budweiser and go read about his sons. Interesting stuff about a man who brokers deals for himself on preys on the fears of his own people. Truly one of the worst individuals out there...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home