Wednesday, November 30, 2005

New Xbox360

In an attempt to make this blog just not a political soapbox....

I braved the lines (ok, not really since I did a pre-order) and got the new Xbox. My initial impressions are that I am throughly impressed. The UI integration with the online community is seamless and much better than before. The online live area now acts as a portal to all of your games instead of the past where you drove it from the game. Much better design.

The games are nothing short of stunning if you have HDTV. Sound is great through a good system.

Go pick one up Carl!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:23 AM , Blogger Carl Spackler said...

Man, you are tempting me. Do you think they will go on sale after Christmas?

I was thinking to wait until PS3, since then I can play all of my old games.

If I do bite the bullet, do I need to get the souped up version, or just the basic, if I'm only playing games on it?

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Nym Pseudo said...

not sure if you will find it before Christmas. It is on ebay however if you are willing to spend a little (ok double) more. I would get the premium version as it brings peripherals that really aren't peripherals (headset, live membership, hard drive) that you will want to have.

As for the PS3, don't be a dictator...be a communis and buy them both. Ahhh, Utopia!

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger John Dickman said...

When I was reading about it is seemed that you need the Hard Drive to get HD.....question...Do you need to have a HD Set or an HD Compatible set to enjoy the HD?

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Nym Pseudo said...

you don't need the hard drive to get HD. you do need an hd set or an hd compatible to get the hd for a TV. Of course, you can just use a CRT which would give you great resolution.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home